The Connecticut State Division of Schooling begins the 2022-23 college 12 months with superintendents; NASA Astronauts Joined by Dr. Bernard Harris
The theme for this college 12 months is “The Sky is Not the Restrict”.
(Hartford, CT) – In at this time’s annual back-to-school occasion, the Connecticut State Division of Schooling (CSDE) met with Connecticut superintendents to have a good time the upcoming college 12 months and launch this 12 months’s back-to-school theme, “the sky just isn’t the restrict.,
Schooling Commissioner Charlene M. Russell-Tucker and Governor Ned Lamont known as on CSDE the various helps accessible to districts to assist assist instructor recruitment and retention, the psychological and behavioral well being of scholar and employees, create profession alternatives, and lift college students’ voices. Thrown gentle on. as curriculum improvement instruments and initiatives. These embody the next priorities:
Selling what’s proper with training in Connecticut: We’re making it a precedence this 12 months to assist our districts showcase their successes and spotlight optimistic outcomes in Connecticut.
- Starting of wholesome training: new steering Launched on August 1, 2022, it ensures that college students are studying and that employees are working safely in faculties all year long. This 12 months CSDE continues to work carefully with public well being specialists to offer further assist to districts to assist cut back the danger of respiratory ailments with onsite visits, coaching and improvement of steering on numerous well being associated matters Are you able to
- Selling the social, emotional and psychological well being of scholars and employees: CSDE is working to make sure that each district has a coordinated and sustainable system of care For all Ok-12 faculties. CSDE is implementing numerous newly appropriated grants for districts to interact college psychological well being employees for the properly being of scholars and employees. See 16 methods CSDE is supporting socio-emotional studying and behavioral and psychological well being,
- Offering entry to prime quality curriculum: CSDE has taken a number of initiatives to create and make accessible prime quality programs by way of up to date CT Studying Hub And goopencity Discussion board. These sources are important for enhancing scholar outcomes.
- assistant instructor recruitment: CSDE Launched Northeast states improve instructor certification reciprocity coverage Which streamlines the method for out-of-state academics to acquire Connecticut certification and, subsequently, encourages academics from different states to show in Connecticut. So way over 400 certificates have been issued to academics from different states. See 11 Methods CSDE Is Main Instructor Recruitment and Diversification Efforts for different efforts,
- Supporting Pupil Success: CSDE is dedicated to constructing and increasing faculty and profession preparation alternatives for our college students in partnership with companies and better training establishments, so they’re higher ready for post-secondary success. Moreover, this previous 12 months, Voice4Change The initiative impressed greater than 55,000 scholar voters to resolve learn how to use greater than $1.5 million in federal aid funds. The profitable initiatives will probably be carried out throughout this upcoming college 12 months.
- Elevated Dedication to Literacy: CSDE’s dedication to evidence-based literacy instruction continues by way of numerous initiatives. This previous June, CSDE Launches Science of Studying Masterclass, which allowed groups from 11 districts to take part in vocational training and training to assist Ok-3 literacy instruction. CSDE will broaden and supply this chance to extra districts within the coming college 12 months.
“The previous few years have been difficult, however as a result of management of our college superintendents, school and employees, we’ve got been in a position to make sure that college students can proceed to study safely and obtain the assist they want,” Governor Ned Lamont mentioned. “A state’s power is dependent upon the well being of its training system, and Connecticut’s faculties are among the many finest within the nation.”
“As our college students enter this new college 12 months, we would like them to know that there isn’t a restrict to what they will obtain and that something is feasible,” Schooling Commissioner Charlene M. Russell-Tucker mentioned. “With our division, our state board of training, superintendents and college leaders, coverage makers, instructional companions, and Connecticut’s gifted instructor workforce working collectively on their behalf, the sky just isn’t the restrict!”
“We glance ahead to a college 12 months full of collaboration and inspiration that can permit us to deliver our college students to new heights,” CEA President Kate Dias mentioned. “Lecturers are refreshed and energized for brand spanking new challenges, and we should all work collectively to assist our devoted professionals, in order that our youngsters have extremely certified academics at this time, tomorrow and sooner or later.”
“Nobody needs a profitable educational and socio-emotional expertise for Connecticut college students greater than our member academics, paraeducators and school-related personnel. They know firsthand how essential this will probably be after two and a half years of disrupted training and Able to rise to the event.” AFT President Jan Hochdale mentioned. “As leaders of the Sangh, we’re able to assist them in each manner. This implies demanding that every one public college stakeholders – as US Division of Schooling Secretary Miguel Cardona lately advised information media – handle the ‘concern of instructor respect’.
“The superintendents are management groups working with their training boards to offer every scholar with a chance to find their ardour and attain for the celebs,” Patrice McCarthy, government director of the Connecticut Affiliation of Boards of Schooling, mentioned,
“We look ahead to a 12 months of fantastic prospects as all of us work collectively to verify that is the most effective 12 months of studying for each Connecticut scholar.” mentioned Fran Rabinowitz, government director of the Connecticut Affiliation of Public Faculty Superintendents.
“CAS-CIAC and its member college principals welcome our school, employees and college students to a brand new college 12 months and the promise of thrilling alternatives that await. Collectively, we’ll forge significant relationships and scale new heights of accomplishment. Contact it. The sky just isn’t the restrict!” Glenn Lungarini, Govt Director, CAS-CIAC mentioned,
for fast RELEASE: Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Eric Scoville, Communications Director
- Twitter: CT State Schooling Division Twitter
- Fb: CT State Division of Schooling Fb